Over the next 1.5 miles I slipped in and out of good form. The real test came towards the end when the path switched to rock (and pretty sharp rock if you ask me). I did much better today than I have before. I managed to make it down the entire rocky section and it hurt far less than it has before. A few steps here and there even felt GOOD.
I have to say, it's going to take some time before I can relax properly going over terrain like that, but then that's kinda the point of the trails I've been walking... Variety.
I think I need to start carrying a foot washing kit in my car... Muddy day :)
Hey J.,
ReplyDeleteAre you going to go in for that whole neolithic lifestyle? I've read about people on the caveman diet and its mostly protein plus a lot of barefoot running. I guess you have to bring-your-own-dinosaur
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet
Ironically I *am* eating a low carb diet as well, but that started almost a year ago.
ReplyDelete