Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Well, some days are good, some not so good. My walk today was much shorter (just about 2 miles I think) and I never really hit my stride. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I did notice a few things:

  1. I was pounding the ground with nearly every step (so of course my feet hurt a bit more today)
  2. I couldn't seem to relax any part of my body for long. Shoulders, back, arms, legs, feet. Everything was tense.
  3. I couldn't seem to "let go" and was focused almost the entire time on form. So naturally my form was bad.
I'm sure there will be more bad days ahead. Even though I can't consciously put my finger on it, I'm sure I'll learn something from today. I think the best thing I did was decide not to push it. When I had the option of turning towards the car or going on for another mile I went with the car. If I'd kept going I would have been more discouraged and I really doubt things would have improved. Plus that way I avoided the sharp rocks on a bad day :)

Incidentally, you'd think that rock would be the worst surface to walk on. Typically the rocks aren't all that bad unless they're new sharp rocks. I think my least favorite surface right now is wood chips. A nice spongy surface with shoes, but a long path of sharp sticks barefoot...

No comments:

Post a Comment